Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Mini Post
















"For relaxing times, make it Santori time."

The Super Bowl is THE time to watch all the best commercials, so you can be primed for water cooler talk at work the next day about Clydesdales and cavemen. But I've become so well-trained to zone out when commercials come on that I don't think I've seen one yet. I find myself doing anything other than watching the ol' adverts: getting another piece of pizza, walking around the house aimlessly, singing the Winnie-the-Pooh theme song (rumbily-tumbily, climin' a honey tree!). So I was worrying about it, then I realized, Hey! I don't give a shit. So there. I would ask my readers to let me know if you see any commercials that are actually good, but none of you own televisions, because you are all principled like that.

(Side note: I also find myself not paying attention to the actual game. I have nothing but mild dislike for both of these teams. Then right as I type that, the longest and arguably most exciting play in Super Bowl history takes place. Lovely.)

1 comment:

rpc said...

Be selective and enjoy the power of the stop button. Some good, some really bad. http://adage.com/superbowl09/article?article_id=134136